Friday, February 18, 2011

1. Experiences of Arley Macbeth

In the year 2005, I took my skills in toilet bowl making, and proceeded to Delhi to go through the course prescribed for possessional ToiletMAN (Toilet Mending And Networking). Having completed my studies there, I was duly attached to a certain Hotel as Assistant ToiletMAN. The hotel was located in India at the time, and I, being young with a passion for hard work and toilet bowls, work myself up to Head of The International ToiletMAN. Meaning, I could retired in the year 2010 and receive quite a sum of money into my bank account monthly.

In the year 2011, I went back to my hometown in Penang with neither kith nor kin, and was therefore as free as air -- or as free as an income of RM100 a day will permit a man to be. There, I stayed for some time at a private hotel in the Batu Ferigghi, leading a comfortless, meaningless existence, and spending such money as I had, considerably more freely than I ought. So alarming did the state of my finances become, that I soon realized that I must make a complete alteration in my style of living. I began by making up my mind to leave the hotel, and to take up my quarters in some less pretentious and less expensive domicile.

On the very day that I had come to this conclusion, I was standing at the Penang Road, when some one tapped me on the shoulder, and turning round I recognized young Bobi, who had been a junior in ToiletMAN club. The sight of a friendly face in the great wilderness of Penang is a pleasant thing indeed to a lonely man. In old days Bobi had never been a particular crony of mine, but now I hailed him with enthusiasm, and he, in his turn, appeared to be delighted to see me. In the exuberance of my joy, I asked him to lunch with me at the KFC, and we started off together in a hansom.

No comments: