Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finding Myself - Day 1

Woke up feeling strange. Like as if I'm on air and feeling empty.
Sat up for a few moments not thinking of anything. Then slowly everything starts to sink back in. And with a heavy heart I sink back to bed. Talked to a Shen on MSN as he is very happy with his new job (due to the fact that his new job is just being online the whole day).

And suddenly, an old friend who has disappeared for a very long time called all the way from Australia. The bastards had been avoiding our msges and calls for a year plus and he can just call in and talk as if nothing had ever happen before. And the worst part is that we talked to him like he just called yesterday as well. Guy friends have a really strange relationship. Especially after more than 10 years of friendship.

Had a good talk. And after lunch I did the weirdest thing ever.

I exercised. No. Not those Wing Chun forms or stuffs like that. I did some serious sit-ups and push ups.

Feeling a little better I bathe and spend some time practicing my smiling skills in front of the mirror. Now the real challenge begin.

First way to look happy is to sing in the car even when you're stuck in a jam. So I sang.
Student came to class. I smile.
Friends came to visit. I smile.
Boss talks to me. I smile.
Student's mom greets. I smile.
Feeling like shit. I smile.

Yup. Congratulation Alwyn. Well done. Now let's continue this good job for the rest of your life.

So I went home, and then some friends (Kenny and Shen) picked me up from my house for dinner. First we went to Time Square and don't see anything that is worth eating.

Then we went to KFC. And after looking for the menu we decided to go McDonald's. For some private reason Shen decided to choose Greenlane's instead of Sunrise's. Ordered a family dinner box and hang out until it was about 9+.

And then we drove around singing in the car. Amazing what breakups can do to people.

Then we went to Coffee Island for a drink and talk. (And some pokemon quizes)
And Kenny drove us to nowhere, and we decided to stay together in an apartment sometime next year. And discussed about the rules and what to buy, who is cooking and what to do in the weekends. This went on for a while.

And then we went to Free School Road to see Kenny eat some dessert. Then we went home.

And then it starts. Suddenly, there's no one there to listen to my rantings about my backached or how spicy the Spicy Chicken McDeluxe is. Or how hungry I am now. And about the plans of moving in together with my friends and the place we wanted to rent. Yup, for the first time in a while now, I have no one to talk to.

Loneliness is a bitch.

And so.

My mission for Day 2:
Fake a smile - A real man doesn't display sadness even if it hurts.
Live alone - A real man will never have the need for companionship.

No comments: